AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Notifications in the Google Community Pages

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't see anywhere else to put this question, so here goes.

How do I tell the forum to only notify me once if I level up? I've been notified 17 TIMES that I leveled up to level 7. Every time I have a notification I get excited because I think it might be someone responding to one of my questions, and most of the time, it's just another notification of the same level up. I've gone through settings many many times, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off. Help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Notifications in the Google Community Pages

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Litmon :-)
try the following if not already done so
- click the drop down arrow next to your email under your avatar at the upper left and select My Settings
- Click the SUBSCRIPTIONS & NOTIFICATIONS link, then the Notifications Settings link
Change the option Badges I earn from the default setting of Immediately to one of the other available options

settings01.jpgsettings02.jpg

Hope that sorts it out for you

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately not...I have that field set to "never" but I'm still regularly getting the notifications. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Can understand how irritating it would be.

I usually find clicking the notification at the upper right and going to my notification feed clears the notification until there is anything new.

Have you tried logging out and clearing your cache and cookies?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here