5.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Not pulling in all fields

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have connected my data from google sheets and only a subset of the fields are available for me to use as metrics in my charts.  I have tried starting over and editing the connection, to no avail.  Might there be some quirky way the column headers are formatted differently in the spreadsheet that isn't immediately obvious?

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

How is your Sheet set up? When you look at the DS setup of your dataset (click the pencil), are the fields you want to use as metrics actually classified as metrics? (Metrics are blue and dimensions are green). If they're set up as dimensions, then they won't show as visible when you're in the metric selector.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I look at the DS set up of dataset, the metrics are not listed at all, either as dimensions for as metrics.... It's like DS isn't reading the google spreadsheet column headers past a certain point.  But this has not been a problem with four other google spreadsheets....

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've never had that happen, that's very strange. Are you sure it's pointing at the right sheet and that all of the columns have headers?