Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

No Data Error and differences between GA data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We're running into situations data in Google Data Studio is different than Google Analytics and/or a No Data Error is returned. 

No Data Error

Chart Type: Scorecard

Metric: Unique Page Views

Applied filters: Incl. Previous Page Path contains XXX AND Incl. Page XXX

Applied Segment: Filter Sessions [ Incl.  Event Action contains XXX OR Incl  Event Action contains XXX ] AND Incl. Event Label contains XXX

When setting the date range to today or in the future the No Data Error pops up. Google Analytics is returning the data just fine though.

Differences in Data

Chart Type: Scorecard

Metric: Users

Applied Segment: Filter include Users sequence start Any user interaction, Step 1 Page ID contains XXX or Page ID contains XXX is followed by Step 2, Goal 8 completions per user = 1

Date set is Q2 2017 (April 1 - June 30)

Data in Google Data Studio is totally off, but is exactly the same as the number of users who do a Goal 8 and Goal 2 completion (instead of just goal 8).

Knowing that it is in Beta. Is Google Data Studio software that you could use as a business? I.e. is it reliable, stable?  

Also wondering, how is Google Data Studio dealing with data sampling? In the standard and custom Google Analytics reports data sampling is occurring every now and then, in which we have the option to request an unsampled report. Will Google Data Studio show a warning in cases data is sampled?

Thanks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'd like to know this too. Is there sampling happening? That would be a HUGE issue in my reports since my numbers are very off as well.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The differences in data are caused by setting a date range in the future. For example this quarter (which runs from april 1, till june 30). When setting the end date to a day in the past (yesterday), the data is correct. Setting the date range to include today it's also incorrect. I guess this can be considered a bug.