Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Next Page Path - Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi -

I'm trying to replicate the next page path report from Google Analytics into Data Studio.  Specifically I'm trying to isolate users that have seen my homepage and then identify the next page they visited.  Anyone know how I can do this in Data Studio?

Thanks,

-Eujin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eujin M
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eujin,

You could add a filter on, for example, a data grid, to include only pages whose 'Previous Page Path' was your homepage and this would then display those pages. Does this achieve what you are looking for?

Ben

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eujin M
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eujin,

You could add a filter on, for example, a data grid, to include only pages whose 'Previous Page Path' was your homepage and this would then display those pages. Does this achieve what you are looking for?

Ben

Re: Next Page Path - Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Although I am not the person who posted this question, I had the exact same question and tried your suggestion which worked brilliantly.

Thanks for that as I had to try quite a few tricks before and none of them worked.

Penelope

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Penelope B - happy to help! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Penelope, 

what if you want to show next page path for multiple pages, meaning you pick a page from a dropdown (filter control) list and then the report gets updates automatically? Your solution works fine but is limited to one page and one filter. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also what I am after. Closest I can get is to have two filter control groups, one for the page path and one for previous page path. Really clumsy way to do it having to get the user to select the same page twice though, be nice to know if there is a better way!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I'm trying to do the same thing. What is showing when you set your dimension to "Second Page Path"? for sessions. Is that all second pages, without showing what page it came from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

do you happen to have the link to the report template in data studio?

Thank You!

Jerilee

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jerilee D

I don't have a template, but it's a pretty simple single line filter where 'previous page path' is equal too '/'. If you still need help let me know and I can put something more detailed together!

Best,

Ben

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting 'No Data' with @Ben P's approach. Not sure why.