Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

New features available - Enable Search box , Single Select

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

searchSelect.pngI just noticed these new options - Just what I was looking for!   As soon as I have a chance I will start playing with them .   It could help solve problems with large lists of dimensions .   My main question is will it search all dimensions selections or just those currently available due to limits on selector?  

filterSelectOptions.png

While ya'll are reading my mind ....  how about a slider selector for metrics range?   You know you want to!  

Thanks !  

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is amazing! Saves the day! Thank you so much! 👍👍👍

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Lee,

The search only filters the list that is displayed on the browser. You can display up to 10,000 values on the browser - we don't yet have the ability to search through the values that are not on the browser but on the server.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Dave O - I did get to try it and it works great .   Unfortunately, I seem to have performance issues as soon as the display gets over 200.   I have a report and table where I need about 5000 visible selections and the search would be perfect, but it slows down so much it becomes unusable.   Any suggestions or updates on this performance issue? I have tried the data in both sheets and file upload format with no noticeable increase in speed.  

Thanks again !