Data Studio
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

New Data Source breaks entire Data Studio report?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, 

So, I have a big report that's built off of Google Analytics. Everything works great! However, there is some data that lives outside of Google Analytics which I've ported over to Google Sheets. I tried a few different things, but the summary is that my entire report breaks when I try to add a new data source. 

1. On a single page, I've tried adding a new chart (currently has 6 other charts from GA) and then changing the chart on that page to a different data source (Google Sheets). All my charts then seem to want to connect to that data source. 

Figuring it's a bug with that single page, then I create an entire new page. 

2. On the new page, I go to the 'page settings' (mind you this page does not have ANY charts on it), and I go to connect to Google Sheets. I'm connected, and my entire report says that all my previously calculated graphs and metrics are not configured correctly. 

Any idea what's happening here? Thanks for your help. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue. I have a bunch of charts built off Adwords working. I then add a chart to a new sheet built off Google Analytics and everything breaks. GDS reports "problem with the connection."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I filed this last December, before there were singular filters that you could reuse. If you're using a new data source, try putting it in a different page, and that should fix the issue. I can't complain about this free tool, but it sure can be buggy somedays. Good luck! 

Re: New Data Source breaks entire Data Studio report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! FYI I found a solution in this post:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Server-is-temporarily-unavailable-please-try-a...

Kurt Wassmer

Centiment

1101 Francisco St, Suite 301

San Francisco, CA 94109

(628) 333-9606
kurt@centiment.co
www.centiment.co