AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help: Data Studio Reports deleted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

When I opened Data Studio today, all of my reports were deleted (moved to trash) as well as all data sources were removed. 

It still worked fine two days ago, but now everything is basically gone.

-> I restored the reports but when I open them I get the message "Cannot find one or more of the Data Sources configured in this Report".

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue. Best case would be to restore it to the last working version...

Thanks in advance!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Need Help: Data Studio Reports deleted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
To the best of my knowledge, Google doesnt offer support for the free version of Data Studio past these community help forums and the self service help documentation. 

As per the help documentation:

Data Studio is currently released as a beta product. Although we try hard to make sure the product functions properly, you should treat Data Studio as experimental, and its features may change without notice.
Ref: https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6283323?hl=en&ref_topic=6267740

You mention it did worked ok two days beforehand. What is interesting is that there was a product update on Nov 28

November 28, 2016
Product updates
You can now create data source that connect to DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM). Learn more
Data Studio 360 is now ISO 27001 certified. Learn more
Documentation & Help updates
Published chart references.
https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6311467?hl=en&ref_topic=6291010#november-28-20...

What you may want to do, is when you log into Data Studio, at the top right near your user avatar, there are three vertical dots. When clicked, a Send Feedback option appears. This will enable you to send feedback directly to Google along with screen captures should you choose to add them as well.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here