2.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Navigating pages in Full Screen mode

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there a way to scroll/navigate through a multi page dashboard while in Full Screen mode?  If there is, I can't seem to find it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Clay B,

The 'page up' and 'page down' keyboard buttons will scroll through your pages for you.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Ben, I've tried that but I can't seem to get that to work. Is it browser specific? I am a Mac/Chrome user but also doesn't work in OS X/FF.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Clay,

Sorry I'm not sure, I am using Chrome on Windows. Hope you can get it working on your environment too!

Ben

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Actually 'Page up/down' does work for me IF you have an actual keyboard that has those keys.  My laptop doesn't; would like to see the arrow keys work for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For me it also doesn't work. I'm ussing Win10 with chrome. After clicking on full screen mode i can't navigate through pages without disabling full-screen mode.(using page-up/down not working) Also I need to install this on a screen without keybord or mouse, is there any way that it can navigate or change pages without any interfering.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Deniz U

You could achieve the screen slideshow by using the Tab Slideshow Plus plugin for Google Chrome. You'll have to open each page of your report in a new tab, but I use this currently on a screen to present reports:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-slideshow-plus/iaehgcjemgeldahhdeafbdeglfbaecll?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Ben

Re: Navigating pages in Full Screen mode

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Thanks that did work just fine.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure there is. Going to "View" > "Full screen" essentially hides the top navigation bar, which is really the only way to efficiently move through multiple pages of a DS report.

A (not so great) possible solution would be to add a text box and create links to each page of your report - sort of like a report menu. But you'd have to add that to each report page, and it wouldn't be updated automatically. I don't like this solution, but I don't see what else you can do besides not using "Full screen" mode.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On a Mac laptop, holding the "fn" key (left bottom) and pressing the arrow up / down keys will make these keys function as "page up" and "page down".  Tested this with my Google Data Studio pages in fullscreen and it worked fine.  Hope that helps.