AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

NULL values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Probably being stupid but I am trying to compute an Invalid Traffic Rate metric as an average by number in the metric format. when i compute the data into studio it returns Null.

NULL values

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not clear from your question what exactly you're trying to do. What are the dimensions and metrics you're using? Is it GA or Sheets? Is "Traffic rate" the metric that's already created?

A screenshot might help. 

NULL values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies i will elaborate: 

so i am trying to create a table showing each country's 3 second fully on screen impressions and 3 second fully on screen rate. i have set the metric for 3 sec fully on screen rate as Type = Percentage and aggregation: by average. but when i compile the table i get the results 'NULL' across all values. my report values are shown below, it may be the case that the values are already percentages and the type and aggregation settings should be different.

NULL values

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Is the 3-sec fully on-screen rate a calculated metric (in which case, what are the two it's using to calculate) or is it a set value in your underlying data? 

How is your dataset set up in Data Studio (in the pencil menu)?

NULL values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the image from my data set. i can confirm that these metrics are a raw value and not a calculated metric. 

NULL values

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

And in your underlying dataset, there's an on-screen rate associated with each row of your dimension?

NULL values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so are you saying this metric should be associated with each row? what do you mean

NULL values

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Some of your screenshots above for some reason aren't visible anymore. Basically, for whatever dimension you're using in your table, you have data in your dataset for the on-screen rate for each item in that dimension?

NULL values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so are you saying that for every dimension within the table, i need to have metrics for each item? what do you mean by each item? i have compiled the table and everything is okay for impressions analyzed. could you explain further? 

NULL values

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What I mean is, in your underlying datasource, the country dimension needs to have metric values associated with it. It sounds like there might be something going on with the underlying datasource rather than the DS setup. Do you have a screenshot of your data, if it's in Sheets?