AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

NOT able to filter or type in search box in the filter control.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello friends, 

I have a problem while trying to use filter controls. I am using a simple table from google sheet having three columns (reporting date, team name and productivity% of the team). I have a time series chart which displays the productivty % vs reporting period. However, I also want to filter the chart using team name using filter control. I am able to create a filter control with having three different team names. However, I am not able to edit in the filter control, i.e., I am not able to choose one of the three teams. Also, I am not able to edit 

the search box in the filter control as well. Please help. Thanks. Below is the screenshot. 

GDS-1.PNGGDS-2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhinandhan R
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you click into view mode, you will be able to select in the filter and use the search function.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhinandhan R
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you click into view mode, you will be able to select in the filter and use the search function.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for the reply. Can ypu please tell me where is the view mode option? I am not able to locate it. If you mean View in the menu bar, I am just getting two options - Toggle grid and Refresh data. Thanks in advance 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks you! I used the view mode it worked like a charm.