AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

NO CPC & CTR Data from AdWords in combination with Filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When selecting either CPC or CTR metrics from the Datasource AdWords, I don't seem to be able to use filters as it will give me a configuration error. The combination filter and metric does work however with other metrics such as spend, clicks but also calcuated metrics such as conv.value/cost and CPA. Perhaps it has issue with average calculated metrics only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rebecca M
July 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rebecca,

Not all dimensions and metrics are compatible. The easiest way to know if they are compatible is to look into AdWords itself and see what dimensions and metrics (columns) AdWords uses. Eg: You cannot use two dimensions that are not compatible like "Campaigns" and "conversion category" as you will never find this type of setup in your AdWords interface.

In most cases I prefer to use the Analytics Data Source as it is more compatible and has documentation on what is possible here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

In most cases it is trial & error, if something does not configure it is usually a compatibility conflict and not "broken"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rebecca M
July 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rebecca,

Not all dimensions and metrics are compatible. The easiest way to know if they are compatible is to look into AdWords itself and see what dimensions and metrics (columns) AdWords uses. Eg: You cannot use two dimensions that are not compatible like "Campaigns" and "conversion category" as you will never find this type of setup in your AdWords interface.

In most cases I prefer to use the Analytics Data Source as it is more compatible and has documentation on what is possible here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

In most cases it is trial & error, if something does not configure it is usually a compatibility conflict and not "broken"