5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

My Date Range works for all charts Except Tables

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My date range does not update data in Tables. Why is this and how can i fix it so that, for example, if i pull yesterday's stats, i only get yesterday stats and not a whole month.

Regards,

Luvuyo

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Luvuyo M

Can you confirm the date settings on the table? Check that they have not been setup with a custom date range that is not updating you change your filter - assuming you are changing the date range on a filter?

Ben

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You could set your table (or a report filter) to include a custom date range of whatever your start date is until the end of the fiscal year. That way, it will count the data as soon as it comes in without having to update your date ranges or filters. 

Google, I'd love the ability to set a filter or a visualization date range to include a range up until the dynamic date of "today."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ben P,

My date range is set to Auto, i have not even touched the filter. Sorry this is so confusing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Litmon,

All I need is just steps to ensure the date on the report gives me accurate data for all charts including the table.  I have looked all over the date settings of the table, and i don't know what to do.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

From the visualization menu at the top, select the date range filter and drop it on your canvas. Set the default date range of the filter to whatever date you want it to start up through the end of your fiscal year. This will make it so that when new data comes it, it should automatically be captured (you will have to update the date range once your fiscal year ends to include the new fiscal year). 

If you want this date range to apply to everything in the report, right click on the filter and select "make report-wide." Otherwise, the filter will only apply to the page you're on.

You can also do this in the individual table, but if you're going to have several tables and visualizations, a filter is easier.