Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Multiple users editing data source

Level 5
# 1
Level 5

We are using Data Studio to build client reports, the primary data source is GA.

Every user with edit access has access to the client Analytics account but only the owner is allowed to edit the data source (create calculated fields). If I am not the owner and I try to edit the data source it says "You do not have permission to view this datasource."

We have tried using both the owners and the viewers credentials but neither works. The description of using owners credentials is:

"Use the data source owner’s credentials to access data through this data source. This enables users with permissions to this data source to access data without having access to the underlying data set."

so I don't get why it is not working, Ideally everyone that is able to edit the reports would be able to create calculated fields.

This is the case for every report we are building.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Louis W
2w

Level 5
# 2
Level 5

Hi,

On the main datastudio view you can view reports and datasources. When you select datasources on the left, you can then share them the same way you do with reports.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Louis W
2w

Level 5
# 2
Level 5

Hi,

On the main datastudio view you can view reports and datasources. When you select datasources on the left, you can then share them the same way you do with reports.

Level 5
# 3
Level 5

Cheers Martin!