Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border

Multiple GA/AdWords views as Filter Control

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project and was given the request to see if it would be possible to have a filter control functionality where the "dimensions" were other data sources. My initial thought is no, because the dimensions are managed at each data source level and there isn't an option to move the filtering up a level. We have many GA and AdWords accounts managed under one gmail login. Instead of creating copies of my current template and changing the data source for each, you could then select the data source you wanted on that page/report and get quick glance analysis across the portfolio from one screen. I just want to know if this exists and some direction if so.

Thanks,

Andy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew S
February

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andy,

Currently, there's no way to do what you want as stated. That does sound like a cool feature, though it might cause lots of broken reports if the viewer didn't have access to the selected data source.

If you are using AdWords manager accounts, however, you can add multiple MCC subaccounts to a single data source. Here's the Help Center article for the AdWords connector: https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/7020275

Hope this helps,

Rick

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew S
February

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andy,

Currently, there's no way to do what you want as stated. That does sound like a cool feature, though it might cause lots of broken reports if the viewer didn't have access to the selected data source.

If you are using AdWords manager accounts, however, you can add multiple MCC subaccounts to a single data source. Here's the Help Center article for the AdWords connector: https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/7020275

Hope this helps,

Rick

Experts in the Topic
Rick E