Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

Multiple Data Sources in Same Report

Level 5
# 1
Level 5

Is it possible to include multiple data sources in one report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michalene B
July

Re: Multiple Data Sources in Same Report

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Absolutely! Just add a new chart or control to report and use the data source picker to select or create a new data source for it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michalene B
July

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Absolutely! Just add a new chart or control to report and use the data source picker to select or create a new data source for it.

Level 5
# 3
Level 5
Got it, thank you!

Level 5
# 4
Level 5
I'm trying to build a data studio report that incorporates metrics from a couple different GA profiles. It seems to work initially, but when I add a date filter and share the report, the data ends up defaulting back to a single data source for all metrics I've added to the report. Any ideas?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Daniel

Hmm that is odd! I tried a simple test and it seems to work fine...

When you say "date filter," do you mean you are changing the date range property for some of the charts? Or adding an interactive date range control (the date picker your viewers can use to change the date range)?

The date range control applies to all the charts on the page, unless you group the control with those charts, in which case, it will only filter the grouped charts. Can you try editing the report and applying the date range control to just one of the charts? Perhaps (just guessing here) the data in those 2 accounts actually is the same for the selected date range, so if you change the range for just one of the charts, you'll see that the data is really coming from the correct data source?

Level 5
# 6
Level 5
Hi Rick, Thanks for your reply. Even without the date filter and I checked the data source of each element (1 is coming from 1 GA account and another is coming a different report) , when sharing the report, it ends up reverting back to the same data source for certain metrics. In edit mode: http://www.screencast.com/t/ECgmPeG9GVX. ...then when sharing: http://www.screencast.com/t/PVyCPEnLrE. Notice the users count.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
HI Daniel

How strange! So does this capture what you are seeing:

Pre-sharing:
Edit the report
Select the Apple Users scorecard
In the DATA tab of the SCORECARD properties panel, you see the data source is "Apple data source"
Select the Android Users scorecard
In the DATA tab of the SCORECARD properties panel, you see the data source is "Android data source"

Post-sharing:
Edit the report
Select the Apple Users scorecard
In the DATA tab of the SCORECARD properties panel, you see the data source is "Android data source"
Select the Android Users scorecard

?

What about the Crashes scorecards? Those don't seem to change post-sharing.

Level 5
# 8
Level 5
It doesn't seem to happen to the crashes scorecard. Is there a way I can
give someone at Google access to my report so they can see what might be
going on? We're on GA premium.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Hi Daniel,

Did my summary match what you're seeing?

If you are a GA Premium customer, your best bet is to go through the 360 Suite support channel. Or if you want to post your email here, I'll contact you directly.

Rick

Level 5
# 10
Level 5
Hi Rick,

Yes, your summary was spot on to what I was experiencing.
Experts in the Topic
Rick E