Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Multiple Data Sources in Same Report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 11
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, Daniel, This is Jerry Chen from the Data Studio Engineering team. can you share the report with me so I can take a look at the problem? my email is xxxxxxxxxx

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jerry,

I've gone ahead and shared the report with you. Feel free to edit as
necessary.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 13
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello, Daniel, i was not able to reproduce it. can you tell me a little bit more on how to reproduce the problem? do i need to add a date range control? or dimension filter?

Multiple Data Sources in Same Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found the same issue, I added multiple data sources, and then my report reverted to one source. I'm not sure what the trigger was. Is there any further recommendation on this?

Google Employee
# 15
Google Employee

So it's important to remember that a given COMPONENT in a report can only have one data source. Components can be the report, the page, a chart, a control, or a group.

When you add a data source to a component, that data source should be "sticky;" meaning adding a different data source later shouldn't override the original. If you are seeing that happen, please let me know.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 16
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am not able to reproduce it here so I may need more information to help me further narrow down the possibilities

1. do you have someone else edit the same report at the same time?

2. are you able to reproduce it consistently? 

please try again and let us know. if you can consistently reproduce it then please let me know the steps so I can try to reproduce it myself to debug.

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Daniel,

I am trying to pull together multiple profiles from separate Google Accounts. It looks like Data Studio only allows you to connect with the Google Account you are signed in with. I work at an agency that uses multiple profiles. Can you please let me know how you aggregated them?

Cheers,

Shawn

Google Employee
# 18
Google Employee

Hi Shawn, 

Sorry, looks like this question has been sitting without an answer for a long time!

Did you find a solution? 

To clarify, are you trying to connect to different accounts, or different properties within an account?

The accounts list in the data source configuration screen should show all the accounts to which you have access to, based on your current Google login. This includes all the accounts in your Org, if your agency an Analytics 360 customer. If you need a different login to access a different set of accounts, you could login with that account, create the data sources you need and share them with your primary login. Be sure to use "Owner's Credentials" for the data source access.

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick,

I am trying to create a report with visuals grouped based on datasource. My datasources come from one google sheet document but they are separate sheets. Is this not possible at this time because even when I group the visuals into two groups and then try to assign the second group a separate sheet as a source it overwrites the data source for my first group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 20
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This may help, I was having this problem I solved it doing the following: first I added the data sources outside the report, then I added the data source in the report settings. Now is working fine

John

Experts in the Topic
Rick E