1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Metric Limits in a Table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to show a monthly breakdown of budgets and spend imported from Google Sheets where the Columns are the month. After adding the 10th dimension (the 10th month) into the table, it's no longer allowing me to add in anymore months. Is it possible to add in more than 10 dimensions into a table? If not, is this a feature that'll be available shortly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trey D
July

Metric Limits in a Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you pivot your sheet so that all months are listed in one column (hence they will all fit into one dimension), and metrics in other ones? It should be a case of simply switching columns and rows places. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trey D
July

Metric Limits in a Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you pivot your sheet so that all months are listed in one column (hence they will all fit into one dimension), and metrics in other ones? It should be a case of simply switching columns and rows places. 

Metric Limits in a Table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I can do it that way. It's more ideal aesthetically to have each month be a dimension. I did figure out an alternative: create two tables with each only having six months and the row metrics behind the first table. That way, it appears to be one table.

Metric Limits in a Table

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a work around but could be very dangerous. If the rows in a page is getting more and the table can't display all rows of that page, the user can scroll down the table. If the 2 tables have different scrolling position, the rows in 2 tables would not be aligned, and you will be in trouble.

Google should has more metrics available to the users instead of only 10 metrics in each table.