2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Metric Date Range Comparison

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking to show totals for time series that I have placed in on the page. I know there is no function to do so other than create a scorecard with the same filters as applied to the graph. I tried to have the scorecard show the comparison of the previous period but it is only showing in a percentage from the previous period. Is there a way to get it to show the previous period, boxed in red, as a numeric value without having to set custom date ranges every time I wish to change the report or change the percentage to the numeric value boxed in red? 

Data Studio Screen Shot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mitchell I
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Mitchell I

No, I don't think there is - the best solution I can think of is to group the scorecards together and link them to their own date picker, so you only have to change this once to update all three, but appreciate this is far from ideal. I'm assuming your data source is Google Analytics, so there is no option to pull last week through independently from the data?

Hope that helps,

Ben 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mitchell I
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Mitchell I

No, I don't think there is - the best solution I can think of is to group the scorecards together and link them to their own date picker, so you only have to change this once to update all three, but appreciate this is far from ideal. I'm assuming your data source is Google Analytics, so there is no option to pull last week through independently from the data?

Hope that helps,

Ben 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ben,

Correct, I am using GA as the source for it so the date ranges changes together. I am going to try linking them though and seeing if that works.