AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Mapping Analytics Data ID's to Google Sheets Name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a Google Data Studio Project, where I through Event Category filtering and using Event Label as dimension have a Top 10 list of most visited topics in my app. However these topics are represented by a Guid, which is not easily readable from the Google Data Studio table. I do however have a Google Sheet, that maps the ID to the correct name, in a simple two column sheet.

Is there anyway that I can connect the name to the ID and let the tables be represented by name and not ID? If not, I would like to make a feature request, as this would be highly beneficial for a lot of people I think.

Best regards,

Søren

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately you cannot currently do joins between different datasources.  To solve this in Data Studio you'll need to extract GA data outside of DS first and then join it with your Google Sheet table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the answer. I think this is a really useful feature, so I hope this is something that can be implemented in the future.

The overhead of setting this up through different scripts and so forth, just make me thing, that it is not worth the effort. Then I would rather double the events, so that I both track my topic by ID, but also by Name.