Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Major alignment issues with text boxes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone else have major issues when using text boxes on pages?

They don't align at all across machines Mac or Windows. We have multiple text boxes so we can indent certain overview text to support our reports, and these keep overlapping vector elements and any text box that's below it. Something is way off whether that's fonts, line-height, I don't know. But using multiple text boxes and relying on aligning them accurately doesn't work.

Solutions? Anyone else have this problem?

Screen-Shot-2017-02-21-at-1.28.40-PM.pngLeft is what it should be, Right is what some screens/computers show.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if this helps your issue out at all, but when I have alignment issues I move objects more precisely by pressing Shift + Arrow keys

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No that's not likely the issue. 

We have a text box above a grouping of score cards. When we look at it on one computer the text is where we want it. If we look at it on another page the text box is on top of the score cards when it shouldn't be.

The text box has a few paragraphs.

I'll attach an image.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh okay so your issue is different formatting on different computers.

Hrm that's pretty odd, probably not the same issue, but I have seen a similar issue sometimes between my laptop and desktop. It was because of the resolution difference and in my case I fixed it by extending the size of my text box

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I guess it's formatting. From my perspective it seems like the line-heights/fonts are way off between computers. And multiple people are going to be using this; so just changing the width of a textbox is not a solution for us. 

If this doesn't look the same in major browsers and desktops then it's almost pointless to use for anything other than showing a table with one line of text above it. Which is just stupid. 

Please Google fix your formatting! I want to be able to love this product. Smiley Sad