AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Love Data Studio. I think I may be missing something

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI All.

I was working on reports for myself and for a client with Adwords. I added their data source and all of the Adwords data source is called Adwords. I would like to be able to tell the difference between the different AW accounts. Did I miss a step on renaming the data source as I was connecting to it?

I don't recall seeing the option but I wanted to double check as it will get confusing should I (hopefully) get more clients and create more reports for them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dianne D
April 2017

Re: Love Data Studio. I think I may be missing something

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Dianne D

Welcome Smiley Happy You can rename a data source at the connection stage by typing over the default name in the top left hand corner - it's not obvious you can do this until you hover over it!

You can also rename the data source at a later date by going to the 'Data Sources' tab on the front page of DataStudio (by default you'll see the Reports page). From here you can click on the '3 dots' icon on the right hand side of each one, and selecting 'Rename' from the dropdown menu.

Hope that helps,

Ben

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dianne D
April 2017

Re: Love Data Studio. I think I may be missing something

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Dianne D

Welcome Smiley Happy You can rename a data source at the connection stage by typing over the default name in the top left hand corner - it's not obvious you can do this until you hover over it!

You can also rename the data source at a later date by going to the 'Data Sources' tab on the front page of DataStudio (by default you'll see the Reports page). From here you can click on the '3 dots' icon on the right hand side of each one, and selecting 'Rename' from the dropdown menu.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Love Data Studio. I think I may be missing something

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Ben P, Thanks so much. No, it's not obvious and it really needs to be.

Changed the names finally