1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for a way to change URL with change in filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am building a report in Data Studio and have dedicated URLs to locations on Google Maps. Is there a way to create a field in the report, which shows said dedicated URL when drilling down to the location in my report?

Example: I have a filter with 10 locations that I show cumulated. When choosing 1 location I want to display the URL that is connected to that location. 

Thanks for your help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steffen G
1w

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

What I did in one of my reports was to create a filter that filters the locations to just the options I want. Then I created a table into which I pulled the URL and resized the table so that only the first URL is visible. By default, when the report is first opened, all 10 URLs will be listed. However, if someone chooses one location from the filter, then the table will show just the one relevant URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Litmon, 

first of all thanks for the answer, I tested around with that also. Did you create a new data source for it, or just added a column in your data source for the URL?

Highlighted

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

My datasource already had the URL in it (pulling from Google Sheets). To be able to have the filtering work properly, I'd recommend having them in the same datasource. Sometimes date filters can work across different sources, but text filters like location likely won't.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Will change my data source around and give it another shot.