AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Locking fields

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to lock fields in a report so that other users cannot edit the fields but can edit the data source? We have multiple analytics accounts and switching between accounts is great, but I am afraid of other people editing the report.

Suggestions?

Locking fields

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@larry h

Fields level access is not possible in datastudio, but yes you can provide the read only access.

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6291087?hl=en&ref_topic=6370345

Locking fields

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a team of staff. We have 4 regions. I created 4 reports, one for each region. When one person is in region 1 report and another has their region document open, say region 2, they both get edited with the same data source regardless of the different reports.

Even though I have set up multiple reports, the datasource and login is all the same shared amongst our team. It is like I am editing two reports and switching datasources affects both reports.

So again, when region one switches datasource to account A, region 2 datasource report is also updated.