AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Linking to pages within a report - Tip/Feature Request

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've got a few reports containing a number of pages. When I share a report it typically takes the user to the front page, but I may not always want them to land there.

You can't currently choose to share a specific page/selection of pages but there is a work around:

Towards the end of the URL for your report there is '/page' followed by a combination of 4 letters and numbers e.g. '/page/9pOC'

If you copy and paste the URL when you are on the page you want to share (ensuring it has /page/9pOC in this example) then this should take people directly to that page. The first time I tried it I got an error message but I've tried it numerous times since and it works. (Make sure link sharing is on)

Another way of using the page code/identifier is if you have a number of pages/sections within a report. I have an overview page with a list of contents. Using the 'add/remove link' option in Text Properties I can hyperlink the list and take people directly to a page without them having to flick through.

You can even create a navigation bar/menu that persists across all pages so people can move back and forth within the report.

Feature request - can we have a more user friendly way of doing this please? Smiley Happy