1.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Linkable objects within Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Be nice if I could create a link and get it on whatever chart, table, etc and take you to whatever related report that I also built.  Is this a thing somewhere?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, you can do this in a text box. In the properties of the text box, there's a link icon and if you click on that, you can choose what text you want for your link and what URL to direct it to. It's finicky with formatting (you can get it in the color and font size you want, it just sometimes takes 3-4 tries to get it to stick), but it does ultimately work. 

One thing to take into account is your permissions. If you're providing everyone with access by link (less secure), then this works just fine. If only specific people have access to your reports (more secure), you'll need to take the additional step of making sure everyone who has access to the report with the link also has access to the report being linked to.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ahh, I do see it now - thank you.  Can you advise anything on clickable objects, though?  Let's say I want someone to click on a chart and give them the option to go a different / later page in the data studio report.  Thanks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't think so, but I'd love to be wrong. If anyone has more info, please chime in!

I know that you can include a URL in a table. It won't be hyperlinked but you can triple click and copy it into a browser window. Not ideal for clicking to a different page (text box link may be better for that), but can be useful to highlight other things (like social posts).