Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Link to a page within data studio report error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to link to pages within my data studio report but when I test the live version, the internal links drive back to my data studio dashboard. Is anyone else experiencing this error?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Quality A

How are you linking to pages within the report? Are you trying to share links to specific pages? If so, I believe these will always default to page 1.

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating page links within the report. Essentially "next" and "previous" page links on each page. When clicked in the live "view" version it links me back to my admin data studio dashboard. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

As far as I know, there's no way to create jump links within the report (I've asked that question to). But I'd love to find out if anyone knows a workaround that works!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This functionality is outlined within the help pages and was working a few days ago but seems to have stopped. 

https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7054323?hl=en

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've gotten it so that I can see and use the links, but if another users goes to the report with a shared link, they can't use the links at all. Any ideas?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Anyone made any progress on this?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi folks,

It turns out that in order to support non-signed in viewing, we had to change the URL format for reports. So your links are probably using the old format, and to fix this, you'll need to update them to the new one. (Basically, you'll need to go to the target pages and copy the new URLs and apply those to your links.)

Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm in the process of updating the help docs on this.

Best,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Experiencing this issue currently. The links did work but no longer do.

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi @Michael O,

In-page links seem to be working in a general sense (e.g. they work in this sample report).

What is the behavior you're seeing (how are the links not working?) Are you getting an error?