AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Line Chart Limitation and Filtering Option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Am a total beginner with data studio. Am trying to produce my first report based on some google sheet data. For this report, the data source actually has nine different companies in it, however the line chart won't allow more than 5 lines (metrics/companies) on the chart. Is this a general limitation? If not, how do I fix?

Further, would like to add a filter control for this report, to allow users to 'de-select' one or more companies to hide the associated line. Have tried adding a filter control, but it only seems to want to use date or the actual value for a company....

Thanks in advance

Chris

Line Chart Limitation and Filtering Option

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The ability to show or hide lines in a chart is a feature that is not available yet. 

If you are trying to show a single metric's performance across more than 5 companies (a dimension), you may want to use the bar chart or a table instead while showing as few metrics as necessary in the line chart. 

You can also add a filter widget to the report (icon next to date filter) that gives users the ability to select the companies they are interested in viewing.