Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Limitation of data studio line chart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I love the sharable functionality of Data Studio but its functionality is so limited that it keeps frustrating us. Line chart is very important for our daily reporting and we do a lot of line charts in Excel. However, in data studio, where line chart is called time series, the x axis has to be date or time format which doesn't make sense. For example, we wanna draw a weekly graph but in our retail industry our week number are different with ISO week number. In Excel, we typically use the Sundays as X axis but Data Studio will force to show the missing weeks...And when we wanna try use the week format in data studio, it turns out it will treat our fiscal weeks as ISO weeks...I hope there is any other solutions that we can work around now and hopefully it will be easy to use as Excel soon.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The limitation of line charts and area charts to only use dates as the X axis metric is also severely limiting our ability to use Data Studio as an analytics dashboard. As an example, we would like to show numbers of users on Y axis who have watched X seconds of a video. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Combo Charts should enable you to use desired values on x-axis:

ComboCharts

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.