4.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Launched: new rolling dates options

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

We've made a small update to the date selector, adding some new rolling date options:

• This week (starts Sunday) 
  • Last week (starts Sunday)
  • This week (starts Monday)
  • Last week (starts Monday)
  • This Year
  • Last Year

You can find and select these options when setting date ranges on your components or when using the Date Range filter component in view mode. We hope you find this useful!

rolling dates.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alon G,

Really great. That'll surely help..!!!

Thanks,
Ritwik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome! This is great! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Wonderful and very useful!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you. Explicitly choosing the week start is very helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would be great to have a Year to Date feature. Also it would be great to compare with the same days as last year (pick the comparison dates yoursellf). Now if i compare the last 28 days with last year i compare  a friday with a sunday. Are these things that you are working on as well?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Thanks for the feedback, all.

@Ronnie P: we are looking into a Year to Date (as well as Quarter to Date, etc.) and I can update this thread as progress is made. Introducing new logic and visual elements into our date selector around date comparisons is likely somewhat more tricky, but we'll be exploring that as well. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

"Month to date" might also be useful in the context of comparisons. But it gets complicated - comparison options might be "last month to same day in month" and "previous year same month to same day". 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This has been very helpful but just wanted to see if any progress has been made on additional options. The addition of weekly data has been a huge step forward in our adoption of Data Studio, but viewing this data on a rolling quarter (90 days, for simplicity) would solve the last of our date range requirements.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Alon G

Hey Alon, no shortage of awesome features being released but I just wanted to follow up again and see if any stories are coming up around additional rolling date ranges, especially a 90-day window.