5.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page entrances with no source / medium data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me what it means when a landing page doesn't have any source / medium data to go with it?

I've filtered for a particular page on my site in the standard landing page report, and it shows 22 entrances for the time period selected. I added the "source / medium" secondary dimension to that filter, but then all the data goes to "0" and there's no source / medium data at all. I tried each one by itself (i.e. just "source" and just "medium" as secondary dimensions), and I get the same problem. This is not the same data with one row that says "(not set)". This is absolutely no data at all.

For a moment, I thought it might be bot spam, but a lot of that is showing up as "referral" medium with different sources.

We have a particularly large site, so we often have reports with partial data, but I would assume that with such a focused report, I would get all the relevant data.

Any ideas why source / medium as a secondary dimension zeros out data for a landing page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page entrances with no source / medium data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

if you choose hostname as secondary dimension it shows your domain?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.