AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Is Data Studio only useful for creating an dashboard of a whole site or Domain? Can't we create a dashboard for a single landing page (for example: www.abcd.com/123432/abcf.html) 

Regards,

Balaji.Y

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji y
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I meant there is little to no use building a dashboard for a single page.

Having said that, you can use the filter option at the bottom of the DATA tab for a particular widget but that can't properly isolate data for just the page.

if you *need* to use DataStudio for just one page, create a new view with a filter that includes only the one page and use the view as a data source.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Re: Landing Page in Data Studio

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

what would be the use case?

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien, 

Thanks for the response.

I didn't create any use case. Can you assist me how do i supposed to create a USE CASE for this landing page (https://www.instantssl.com/ev-ssl-certificate.html?)

Regards,

Balaji.Y

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji y
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I meant there is little to no use building a dashboard for a single page.

Having said that, you can use the filter option at the bottom of the DATA tab for a particular widget but that can't properly isolate data for just the page.

if you *need* to use DataStudio for just one page, create a new view with a filter that includes only the one page and use the view as a data source.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

I think Julien is right -- sounds like you should look into using filters, either for specific components, on an entire page, or on an entire report.

You can learn more about the topic of filters here. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting thread. I did the same to analyse the impact of a specific page that was at the heart of the recent campaign. The page filters work great. However I wanted to include what pages visitors had landed on before coming to the campaign page. On GA you select the page as your primary dimension and then go into acquisition>landing page. It's useful to see the percentage coming from homepage for example. Have not been able to replicate this in data studio or dashboards...