Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border

LAUNCHED: Search Console connector!

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Wanted to let our community know that we've just launched a Data Studio connector to Google Search Console! With this launch you can connect to your Search Console account and create reports showing impressions, clicks, CTR and average position broken out by dates, devices and geography. We've heard users who want to put their Search Console data next to their Google Analytics or AdWords account in the same report, and this should allow you to do that as well!

You can read the announcement on our blog here and find the Help Center article for the launch here.

Your comments and questions are welcomed as always.

Happy reporting!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to say, that when I saw this, I was really excited and still am! 

How can we replicate the dashboard/template that you've got in that blog post? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

first let me say that i'm really greateful for google data studio: lots of time will be saved in reporting.

Now i have to report an issue with the GSC connector: it seems that the table widget aggregate a large number of clicks over a (null) query.

i've done a screenshot on dropbox to properly explain the issue, let me know if you can see it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvztauw9r5jg2cd/Screenshot%202017-02-09%2014.04.38.jpg?dl=0

thanks in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I got the same. I've filtered them with a regex Include on the query : ^\w|^\d

Still...it's a bug Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I share these sentiments - that dashboard looked great, will you be releasing it as a template?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Great, this one is perfect.

Just want to confirm can I insert Converted Click from Adwords?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the Great Addition.

I would love to use your tool, but for what ever reason Adwords LABELS are still not an available field in Google Data Studio?  It seems that this issue has existed around 6 months since the free release.  I'm not the only one who has wondered why LABELS are AWOL?  Historically it took Google 3 years for Adwords Editor to finally introduce them into the editor, too long IMHO.  "Google Data Studio" is suppose to solve our dashboard needs - Without Adwords LABELS for segmenting, this product remains incomplete if not useless for us in the agency. Many of our corporate clients and scripts utilize labels.  Even DoubleClick uses Labels as the linchpin for reporting.  I look forward to using your product. 

Cheers
Stan 

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Do you see a different result in your native Search Console report for the same time period? 

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love Google but sheeeesh! it gets more confusing eveytime i log on. I have too many accounts. A Google account, and google plus pages, Youtube pages and brand pages and now small business pages! How can i manage them better or condense them so i know which ones i use for search console and adsense or should all of them go on console and adsense. Can you give me just a SIMPLE *please i am conufsed enough) answer? I am thinking of deleting the ones that don't have a youtube channel just so it's easier. Everytime someone asked wht my google plus page is i have to googlw my name so i dont send them to the wrong account!  

Re: LAUNCHED: Search Console connector!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What about Google Search Console Property Sets? They do not show up by their name so it's impossible to tell which Property set you're selecting if you have more than one.

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/mgTIxyB.png

Update: You can connect a property set however, can't view the same metrics by connecting to a set. Just connect datastudio using your preferred domain property.

Experts in the Topic
Alon G
Rick E