Data Studio
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

LAST value for Facebook Fans (Data Studio)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just started using Data Studio to automate monthly reports I present clients for managing multiple social media accounts. I have been using Supermetrics to pull data from Facebook and Scorecards to display metrics like "Number of fans" on Data Studio.

How can I display the most recent value for number of Facebook fans using a Scorecard? So far, a number field can only be aggregated in "sum", "average" "count", "count distinct", "max", "min".

Aggregating with "MAX" will give me the highest value for the time range selected but won't necessarily give me the accurate value on the last day of that period.

I thought something like VLOOKUP would help but it doesn't seem to be available on the list of functions supported by Data Studio.

Re: LAST value for Facebook Fans (Data Studio)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mathieu,

I'm also looking for the answer. Did you find anything ?

Re: LAST value for Facebook Fans (Data Studio)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I unfortunately haven't found one yet.

--
[image: photo]
Mathieu Tremblay
Gestionnaire de communautés at Nourish Food Marketing
Address 7240, rue Waverly Suite 220 Montreal, QC H2R 2Y8
Direct +1 (514) 613-6549 Ext. 103
<+1+(514)+613-6549?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
Email mathieu.tremblay@nourish.marketing Website http://www.nourish.marketing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure what you Date dimension looks like, but maybe if you created a few calculated fields to separate Year, Month, and Day in separate dimensions, you could then use MAX on Month and Day so you return the most recent day in the data set.  Haven't personally tried this, but I think that train of thought might get you there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the proposal.

The field format is : 2017-05-21. Could you explain how using MAX will return the most recent day in the data set ? It's most likely that the value is increasing but it can also decrease.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This makes more sense I was thinking you wanted the most 'recent' value being by the date.

There's no way to return the Nth row/value in DS that I am aware of.  If at all possible add an Index column to your datasource so that you would be able to use MAX()

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has any of you guys figured it out yet? I'm trying the same thing and would really like to avoid putting an index column in the datasource.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gregory,

Unfortunately, I have not found a solution. I use the MAX () value that works in my case.