Data Studio
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with breaking down conversions by conversion action name with AdWords data source

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey

I'm currently encountering the following issue in data studio using the AdWords dataset and was wondering if other users are encountering this, or I've configured something incorrectly, or it's an issue with data studio?

Basically, I want to show a table with the conversion action name and the number of conversions, however configuring the table in this way (see screenshot) results in the conversion numbers for both conversion actions being identical. This remains true after changing the time period.

conversions-by-conversion-action-name.jpg

Issue with breaking down conversions by conversion action name with AdWords data source

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That looks like a bug. It doesn't look like you did anything weird. I think the problem has to do with the underlying data structure and Data Studio is not able to query it properly (i.e. Nested data). You might try combing the Conversion Action Name with other dimensions, like conversion Id or campaign, just to see if that changes anything. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment tho. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ad A

It throws an error when I try and break it down further by another dimension like campaign.

Error Details

The Dimensions and Metrics are incompatible with this chart. Please change the dimensions and metrics in the property panel to generate the chart.

Error ID: 5eab9735

Hopefully Google fix this issue in the near future.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the same error message. It even worked for me when I first built the report in Data Studio, and then it stopped working. I'm trying to change up the dimension and metric combination, and to use a table instead of a pie chart etc., but not succeeding in creating a visualization for some reason. Has anyone been able to sort this out?

I need to report on conversion totals and then show which conversions were quote requests as opposed to phone calls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any updates on this? I am getting the same error. Similar to you, it was working fine last month... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I still haven't been able to figure this out. Started a thread here, too - https://plus.google.com/u/0/115450217675003757809/posts/9dD2GSDyN46

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

You need to configurate the Dimension table to 'Segment Conversion Type Name' and not 'Conversion Action Name',
And keep using 'Conversion' on the Metric table, 

Should work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jorge,

I do not see "Segment Conversion Type Name" as a dimension. Do you mind sharing a screenshot?

thanks,

Udi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Udi,

Maybe you should refresh data source fields in 'create a metric', let me know how it goes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi.  no dice. Do you mind sharing a screenshot?