Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Google Analytics segments in Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have created a custom segment in Google Analytics account and would like to access in Google Studio. I know custom segments are now supported but when I lookup segment for a component, I am only seeing built in segments. Am I missing something?

The custom segment is available in all views for the account and I own the account (since I am already able to run reports against that account)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You read this article, but you should see System Segments, Custom Segments, Shared Segments and Added Segments (if you added one to a chart). If not, maybe take a look at your segment within GA to see if the bug starts from there. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Samuel. 

I did all of the tasks listed in that article. However, it appeared after a day in Google Studio. So if someone just added a new segment to Google Analytics, it will not show up right away in the Studio (at least for me thats what happened).

Thanks for the prompt response.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi! 

Technically, if you refresh the page (F5) and refresh the data in your report, segments appear very quickly. At least, on my side, it takes a few seconds. 

SD.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this morning I could see the "custom segments" header and some of my segments. I could not see segments created 24 hours ago.

this afternoon, the custom segments header and disappeared!

I want the 10 hours I have spent on this Cr@p8y product back!