Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to choose or filter Data Sources in VIEW Mode?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to build a report that allows my client to compare Google Analytics metrics for different accounts in the VIEW Mode. I would like to provide him with a way that allows him to select as Data Source any of the different Google Analytics accounts that he can choose from (he has an individual account for each one of his clients).

This can obviously be done in EDIT Mode, however I would like to avoid as much as possible to have the report user going into EDIT mode at all to accomplish this.

I have been looking into Filter Control > DimensionSmiley Very Happyata Source, but the filter only shows "web" as an option which doesn't match any Google Analytics Account/Property/View name at all. 

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oscar O
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Oscar O

You can't do in view mode a single report, allowing to choice this GA account or this other one. 

To do it in mode EDIT will be wrong too, because he will have to reorganize all the dimensions and metrics in all charts. 

Best way from my part it will be : 

Create 1 report 

1 - first page : Essential metrics to compare all GA accounts in a single viewpage

2 - second page : All the charts and metrics that he need to have a great visibility on GA Account A

3 - thirst page :   same charts and metrics than in page 2 but on the GA Account B, 

4 - 4th page :      same charts and metrics than in page 2 but on the GA Account C, 

It will be more practical for having a general overview on all the GA accounts and to compare them easily

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oscar O
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Oscar O

You can't do in view mode a single report, allowing to choice this GA account or this other one. 

To do it in mode EDIT will be wrong too, because he will have to reorganize all the dimensions and metrics in all charts. 

Best way from my part it will be : 

Create 1 report 

1 - first page : Essential metrics to compare all GA accounts in a single viewpage

2 - second page : All the charts and metrics that he need to have a great visibility on GA Account A

3 - thirst page :   same charts and metrics than in page 2 but on the GA Account B, 

4 - 4th page :      same charts and metrics than in page 2 but on the GA Account C, 

It will be more practical for having a general overview on all the GA accounts and to compare them easily

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Patrick,

It's what I suspected (sigh), but I was hoping to be proven wrong. I like your idea, it's similar to what I was considering with also adding links on the first (comparisson) page to every other account report in order to make it a bit more dynamic.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Let me know if I can ever help you with some analytics stuff!

Cheers,

Oscar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oscar, 

I'm glad that i could help you. 

Best regards, 

Patrick