Data Studio
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to change the property of a dashboard in DataStudio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We would like to change the property of dashboard in DataStudio with data from Google Analytics, AdWords and DoubleClick.

The only way we have found to do that is:

- Sharing both dashboard and data sources with the new user

- Making a copy of everything in Data Studio with the new user

- Matching again the data sources with every widget

- Deleting the original dashboard in Data Studio with the original user

But this way we would have to share the dashboad again...

Is there any easier solution?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to change the property of a dashboard in DataStudio?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

If I understand your question, you would like to make a copy of your report and apply different data sources to it. Is that correct?

If so, that is what the Make a copy functionality does. Whenever you copy a report, you are asked to choose the data sources to add. Just choose the new Google Analytics, AdWords, and DoubleClick data sources and your report should work.

This Help Center article gives you some more background. 

Also, note that you can append /preview to the end of the report's URL to add a USE TEMPLATE button to the report. This button makes your report behave exactly like the sample reports built into Data Studio. This makes it even easier for you to create your own report templates.

You can learn more about templates here.

Is it possible to change the property of a dashboard in DataStudio?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning Rick,

Thank you very much for your answer.

However, what we would like to do is to change the ownership of a dashboard and the ownership of some data sources. If possible, we would like to avoid creating a copies, because with this solution we lose the changes that have been made in the data sources (creating calculated metrics in Data Studio, for example); and the report's URL would change.

In order to better explain myself about what we would like to do, I will give you an example of a situation. Imagine that a company C has an agreement with a marketing agency. Marketing agency creates a dashboard in Data Studio with the data of company C. However, the agreement between both of them finishes, and marketing agency shouldnt have access to company C data anymore. At the same time, company C doesnt want to loose the dashboard in Data Studio.

Would it be possible to change the ownership of that dashboard, from the Gmail user of the agency to the Gmail user of company C?

Thank you!

Best regards.