Data Studio
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to allow viewers to switch between GA properties within the dashboard?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My GA account has multiple properties, each for a different subdomain. Would it be possible to create one dashboard, share it with people, and allow those people to cycle through the different properties from their end (without giving them edit access)?

Is it possible to allow viewers to switch between GA properties within the dashboard?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alexey E,

You could make a multi page report with multiple data sources, each connecting to a different GA profile, and present your metrics in this way. You could also set it to that people viewing it could not edit it.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I considered doing this, but there are hundreds of properties that need to be cycled through, so I don't think this will be very efficient. For now, I have instead opted to create a roll-up account that aggregates data from all the subdomains into one GA property, and then use a filter for hostname.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellent suggestion, I hadn't thought of adding that filter!