AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to aggregate by hour?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying out Data Studio. I'm getting data from BigQuery. I have some aggregated values I'm showing (sum) from a time series, but the chart shows the data aggregated by the day. I can't find a way to change that. 

Is it possible to aggregate by hour or even minutes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniele C
March 2017

Re: Is it possible to aggregate by hour?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Daniele C, it should definitely be possible! Just edit your data source (by clicking on the pencil icon), and select "Hour" or "Minute" as your data type for your date field:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.48.57 AM.png

Keep in mind that in order to aggregate by hour, you would need to provide Data Studio with a datetime column that is at least as granular as hour-by-hour, otherwise it won't group your data into the correct hours. Same goes for minutes - you'd need to provide minute-by-minute rows to Data Studio to group by minute.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniele C
March 2017

Re: Is it possible to aggregate by hour?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Daniele C, it should definitely be possible! Just edit your data source (by clicking on the pencil icon), and select "Hour" or "Minute" as your data type for your date field:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.48.57 AM.png

Keep in mind that in order to aggregate by hour, you would need to provide Data Studio with a datetime column that is at least as granular as hour-by-hour, otherwise it won't group your data into the correct hours. Same goes for minutes - you'd need to provide minute-by-minute rows to Data Studio to group by minute.

Hope that helps!

Is it possible to aggregate by hour?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you i didn't notice that submenuSmiley Happy