AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4K members online now
4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid dimension/metric/data source problem continues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This problem has persisted for about a month now, with no news of a fix in sight. It would be nice to get some kind of a response from someone at Google about these issues.

I created a new report just this morning, as my organization is working towards a website redesign, and I wanted to gather together the most pertinent information and present it cleanly in Data Studio. Not to be, as already I'm getting the invalid dimension/metrics errors in the report.

Also, it's no good to try to get a report from our Analytics account as I can't email or export a report to myself because of an error there.

So I'm left not being able to do anything, and with no response from Google I can't explain to my boss what kind of solution to expect.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am also facing this same issue for the past one week Smiley Sad 

[ Edited ]
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If the report is urgent, try using BIME's free trial to generate it: https://www.bimeanalytics.com/  it works in basically the same way as datastudio and links to GA etc.

Datastudio is still in development, there's going to be errors for a while.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But it works fine for many.. how its working for them? is it based on ip's or something related?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the link, taking a look at the product now. No immediate urgency but over the next few weeks I would like to have a solution or a word that a solution is coming.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed Thomas. And equally frustrating is the fact that a report I created just this morning is already broken.

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It works fine for us too, we haven't found a bug or issue for any of our clients. Without being able to see your DS sheet it's hard to say what's wrong but it sounds like user error.

Re: Invalid dimension/metric/data source problem continues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can charts now show "invalid dimensions and metrics" (dimensions and metrics that were fine yesterday), and show that the data source needs to be added (it was added to the report at the beginning) be user error?analytics-error.JPG

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Your data source says unknown, can you click on the unknown data source and make sure it's connected correctly and is set. Do you have high enough priveledges to the data source?

Re: Invalid dimension/metric/data source problem continues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have full privileges to the data source, it's one of the views from our Google Analytics account.

No way to edit the unknown data source, the option is greyed out. And when I click the Request Access link it kicks me back to my main report page.

analytics-error2.JPG