Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect breakdown with multiple metrics (identical results)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm seeing incorrect calculations when including multiple metrics for a single dimension.

We are using a single data source (Google Analytics) to give a breakdown of "account" and "user". When we have the table breakdown for a single dimension by one of these metrics we get a correct breakdown. However when we include both metrics, it shows the same number for each metric.

IE.

Dimension, Account

a, 150

b, 120

c, 17

Dimension, User

a, 599 

b, 383

c, 125

Dimension, Account, User

a, 599, 599

b, 383, 383

c, 125, 125

Has anyone encountered this before?

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 5.17.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-05 at 3.22.38 PM.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

What "Account" stand for as metric? Is it a custom one? Probably has something to do with the dimension you picked up. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are both custom dimensions in Google Analytics with a "User" scope 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

So let me get this. 

Account and User are custom dimensions? What about "a,b,c"? If they are dimensions, the drop down wouldn't be like you showed in your example, it would gives data for every combination possible...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yup, I wish I could attach an image, this would be so much easier!

"a,b,c" are dimensions in Data Studio, and the columns for 'Account' and 'User' are metrics for 'Count Distinct Account' and 'Count Distinct User'. What I find strange is that independently, the numbers are calculated correctly, but when both metrics are added it they copy one another

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh I understand a bit more. By the way, you can add an image if you use the Full Reply Editor (below the Post button). 

And you A, B, C are custom dimensions with a User scope? 

Re: Incorrect breakdown with multiple metrics (identical results)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perfect, 'a,b,c' can be any dimension, it produces the same results. Here are some non-custom dimensions as an example

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 5.17.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-05 at 3.22.38 PM.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What does your "Unique User" metric stands for? You're using the GA connector or the Sheets' one? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just the number of unique emails, its the connector on Data Studio's side (ie. as a data source)