5.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Importing AdWords ads into Google Data Studio

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Anybody know if its possible to add in AdWords ads (text and image ads) into Google Data Studio? 

The only way I've been able to do it is by adding them in as pictures.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing AdWords ads into Google Data Studio

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi,

Are you asking if you can report on AdWords data in Data Studio? (The answer is definitely: create an AdWords data source and select the report you want to draw from.)

Or are you asking if you can serve ads in a Data Studio report? (Sounds like this is the case, but wanted to be sure).

Rick

Re: Importing AdWords ads into Google Data Studio

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Actually, I'm looking to add information regarding AdWords ads to Data Studio. I have the AdWords Data Source connected but I don't see an option for adding in info on the ads themselves (impressions, clicks, etc) Also, having them be imported would be great, too so I could see the text or display ads with the stats.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also like to have the ability to have ad metrics into a GDS report. A bonus if it would show the ad information as well.

I have a member of the team who writes copy for the ads and needs easy to receive updates on their success.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would also like to create a report that shows the text of the adverts.- then the metrics like ctr, cpa, cri etc, etc.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The easiest way to do this is with Google Sheets. Hopefully the devs add a secondary Adwords report for ad content, but until then, you can export reports from Adwords, save the data in sheets and connect the sheet to data studio. There are add-ons in sheets that help you automate this process so your reports stay up to date too. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a function that i can apply to count the number of live adwords i have running during a specific period to pull into Data Studio?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Kristen,

Can you get that count in the AdWords reporting UI? Which dimension would you count there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Did you get a solution to this? I would also like to see the number of Ads in a report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Temitayo,

You can import Google Ad data into Google Data Studio by using a 3rd party tool called Supermetrics. 

You need to connect a Google sheet and then import. Once you have chosen the Metrics and how they are split in sheets, it works perfectly. 

Supermetrics