AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

ISO Year of the Week Shows All Weeks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There seems to be some kind of bug when I try to view a Time Series chart with a dimension of ISO Week of the Year.

Data_Studio_Glitch.png

My data source is Google Analytics and I have the "Default Date Range" section of the Time Series chart set to only look at the date range of 2/26/2017 - 3/25/2017. It appears that I'm running into two bugs:

1) The chart itself is not filtering down to the date range that I've applied; instead, it's showing the entire year.

2) The data is aggregating based on the week starting on Monday. I'm trying to show the data with the week starting on Sunday; so there should only be four weeks represented.

Does anyone have any insight into either issue I'm running into here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am facing the exact same issue.

I have the Source as Adwords, Time Dimension as Week, Default Date Range to Last 30 days.

Yet I see what you're seeing. The chart's plotting data all the way from Week 1 to Week 51.

Bug!

(frustrating)

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Samar,

Sorry about the frustration!

This is actually working as intended: the ISO Week (ww) format always shows the complete index of week numbers. This is because under the hood, ISO Week is not a complete date. It's just a number that corresponds to the week of the year, from 1 to 52. For example, if you set the date range for 2 years, you'll have "Week 1" show up twice: once for the first year, and once for the second. Does that make sense?

Instead of ISO Week (ww), try using ISO Year Week (YYYYww). That dimension contains the full date.

I realize this is a bit complicated so I'll update the Help Center documentation to include this information.

Hope this helps!

Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That's cool Rick, but how about sticking to the weeks within my specified date range?

I want to see the last 4 weeks and I get a graph for the whole year! 

Re: ISO Year of the Week Shows All Weeks

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Samar,

Can you use the  ISO Year Week (YYYYww) format? That's applied to the ISO Week of ISO Year dimension in Google Analytics:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.55.11 AM.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the prompt response! Smiley Happy

Right, so my problem is I am trying to make a blended agency report for all our accounts in Adwords.

Unfortunately, I cannot collate data from multiple GA accounts.

So I need to use import from Adwords.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

If there isn't a default ISO Year Week (YYYYww) field in AdWords, you can copy the Date dimension in your AdWords data source, then set the Type of that new field toISO Year Week (YYYYww).

Hope this helps!

Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Should work but got an error.

Unable to aggregate ratio metrics in the request. Please select another metric.

Error ID: 079e0003

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Try changing the metrics in the chart. You can't reaggregate already aggregated metrics, like CTR.

Help Center article

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Cool, so it appears I am able to get absolute numbers in there like clicks and conversions. Does ISO YearWeek not support Rates like CTR? Conv Rate?