AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Hyperlink in table

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does data studio support hyperlinks inside of tables? I couldnt find a HYPERLINK() formula when creating a custom field.

If no, is it on the roadmap?

Cheers.

Hyperlink in table

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I couldn't get this to work either. However, if you make your column wide enough, then even in view mode, you can at least copy paste the URL into a browser.

Hyperlink in table

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You dont even need to make it wide to show the entire url. If you show at least 1 character and you know how to tripleclick correctly you can mark the entire string to copy into a browser. At least in chrome triple clicking (doubleclick once to highlight the word and then click once shortly after to highlight the entire url stirng) will work.

Hyperlink in table

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Good to know, I'd never heard of this!

Hyperlink in table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was not able to get the =HYPERLINK() function to work. It works fine in the Google spreadsheet but when I bring it into Data Studio as a table I lose the links. Does this thread confirm that the functionality is not available within Data Studio using a Google doc/spreadsheet? Is that correct?

Hyperlink in table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My audience seeing the data studio reports would not intuitively know to triple click. I will try that now.