5.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Hyperlink in table

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does data studio support hyperlinks inside of tables? I couldnt find a HYPERLINK() formula when creating a custom field.

If no, is it on the roadmap?

Cheers.

Hyperlink in table

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I couldn't get this to work either. However, if you make your column wide enough, then even in view mode, you can at least copy paste the URL into a browser.

Hyperlink in table

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You dont even need to make it wide to show the entire url. If you show at least 1 character and you know how to tripleclick correctly you can mark the entire string to copy into a browser. At least in chrome triple clicking (doubleclick once to highlight the word and then click once shortly after to highlight the entire url stirng) will work.

Hyperlink in table

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Good to know, I'd never heard of this!

Hyperlink in table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was not able to get the =HYPERLINK() function to work. It works fine in the Google spreadsheet but when I bring it into Data Studio as a table I lose the links. Does this thread confirm that the functionality is not available within Data Studio using a Google doc/spreadsheet? Is that correct?

Hyperlink in table

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My audience seeing the data studio reports would not intuitively know to triple click. I will try that now.