2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to share data studio report with non google user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there, can anyone tell me how I can share a report from data studio with my client who doesn't have a google account. Yes there are people out there that don't have a google account. These reports are pretty useless if they can't be shared with 'everyone'.

Anyone have a tip on this one?

Thanks

Tony

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PDQ D,

Unfortunately they do need a Google account at present. Your only other options are to save your report as a PDF and send it them as a flat file. This functionality isn't built into data studio yet, but you can get around it by capturing your screen, or using PDF as a print output.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google, stop doing half measures. This is like providing a car with no keys - its USELESS!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

no you don't need google account, they added this feature last month, check the documentation. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Mimoune, where can we find the documentation?

Re: How to share data studio report with non google user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can set sharing settings to not require login.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PDQ D,

You may now share the Google Data studio file through a sharable link. Go to view mode > Share this report option > then copy the link under Anyone with the link can view. This will be available eventhough you don't have a Google account. 

Please also see this thread regarding link sharing update: 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Data-Studio/page/1/thr...

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, thanks for the info. Do you know if it is possible to take an analytics report into data studio? Or how can you build the same report in data studio. I get very confused with all of the metric and options. I ahve areport that I sort of Liek in Google Analytics but don't want to have to redo in data studio. Can I import or something from data studio ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PDQ D

You can't directly import a report, since DataStudio is built more for visualization rather than replicating a report from GA, you'll have to reconstruct it. However, you shouln't have a problem as most metrics in GA are available within DS. Which report are you hoping to replicate?

Hope that helps,

Ben

Re: How to share data studio report with non google user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ben,

I have an account with Megalytics that I am paying for. I would like to reproduce the reports I am using there, or reproduce my stats from GA. I have attached the 2 reports. Most of the information comes from events but I can't seem to workout how to get the same information from Data studio

See the links for 2 reports. They are sort of the same information but can't get either to work in data studio.

http://pdq.com.au/GA.pdf

http://pdq.com.au/megalytics.pdf