Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to save a report as a Template

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello;

I'm trying to save my master reports as a template. Is it possible? If is it, how?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bora M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not available right now. For the moment you can only use templates made available by Google.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bora M
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not available right now. For the moment you can only use templates made available by Google.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

While you can't save the report as a template, you can turn it into a template by appending the url with '/preview'.  

Additionally, all reports function the same way as templates, in that you can copy them and swap the data source out just like you can with the Google supplied templates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Real would like to save reports at templates.   I making a dashboard of reports for my POS system data.  Since many others have the same POS  type and data points.  Being able to share the dashboard and report templates would allow others to us 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Dave O I can't wait until saving templates becomes an option. At the moment I just do as you said and it works fine. Switch out the data source and everything is perfect.... just wish your SAMPLE DATA SOURCE had the same metrics and dimensions as a live Data Source... they do not seem to have updated the sample data which makes it tricky when sharing templates. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is not possible to save directly like Save/Save as features traditionally available but you can share report with edit right to your own mail. So that you use mail to edit reports when you need using the mail. I hope this serve your purpose effectively.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

File > Make a copy ... is the nearest thing you have to saving your report as a template.

So open your master report, click on "file", then select "make a copy..." from the menu, follow the instructions to create a new report, starting with "select a data source(s) to be added to the new report", then "create report".