Data Studio
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to replace data source and NOT lose configuration?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have one dashboard linked data source A. I copied the dashboard and replaced data source A by data source B. Both data sources have the same field and field names, but still... my widgets now show "configuration incompleted".

Is this the regular behaviour? I f I added calculated fields to data source A, when I use data source B, do I have to create these calculated fields again? Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Endal
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately, I don't think calculated columns carry over. As far as I've been able to tell, all calculated columns need to be re-created from scratch. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This boggles my mind if it's actually true.  I'm experiencing the same problem as above when updating a Google Sheet.  I find it hard to believe we need to recreate the calculated columns each time I update the data.  I assume this will be fixed for the full release.  Are there any workarounds for this issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed ! Particulary in professional environnements where you need to have test and production platforms ! I have found a work around, which is adding a column in the data source with data origin (like test/prod), then apply a filter on the report