Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to link multiple Views of one Google Analytics Property to seperate bigquery projects/datasets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We've got an App that runs in multiple countries for multiple companies which reside in different timezones. We track those using one Property and a view customer (with their filter + timezone). Is it possible, and if so how, to have multiple views of one property export to multiple Bigquery projects/datasets. Especially from the timezone point of view, as the exports are per day it's quite complex to query on date and time as such a field does not exist (or isn't it and is that the solution?).

Hope someone can assist.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to link multiple Views of one Google Analytics Property to seperate bigquery projects/datasets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Gabriel,

Sorry, just seeing this now.... I'm not sure if this is still an unresolved for you, but you can only have one view per property linked to any single BQ project. Once that particular view has been linked, it cannot be linked to a different BQ project simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I may not be understanding your question, but if you're having an issue displaying a single large data set separately within DataStudio (such as by company, timezone, or location) try using a filter on the specific table/graphic.

Under the "Data" tab of the object, at the bottom, try adding a filter like Include "Timezone" Equal to (=) "your desired time zone"