Data Studio
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to import Auction insights reports in Data Studio ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I would like to see the competitors bidding on my brand / campaign.

Is it possible to import the auction insights in Data Studio ?

Thanks,

Anthony

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony D
May

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Anthony, 

If those fields aren't in the AdWords connector (and I checked but didn't see anything obviously auction related). We do update the fields available in the Data Studio connectors as they become available in the various APIs used to access those data sets (i.e., AdWords fields, in this case). So it's possible these fields will show up at some point.

Until then, you could possibly use an add-on, such as this one, to get the data into Sheets. 

(Disclaimer: we're not endorsing any particular 3rd party tools for this sort of thing, and I have no idea how well or even if that tool works, so caveat emptor!)

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm sad that this feature is not available easily.

But I'll try your workaround when I have time.

Best,

Anthony

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anthony, Hi Rick,

I'm replying to your thread as I would be very interested in working on a similar task too.
From my side I've been using the updated version of the script shared by Rick these past months: http://searchengineland.com/keeping-eye-three-adwords-competitors-268888
Even if this script is already very helpful, provides great info, it still needs some time to get updated and especially integrating the graphs into a Google Slide or Data Studio presentation is still painfull.

@Anthony: could you spend time on this and could you reach any goal with Data Studio and Auction reports?

Thanks a lot for your insights
Best

Raphaël

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If anyone is interested Daniel Gilbert has released the version 3 of the script you posted here Raphael: https://searchengineland.com/auction-insights-3-final-script-287148?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vasco

Thanks for sharing. Yes I saw this news yesterday and have already installed it. It's working well and the updates are already very appreciated.
Unfortuntately, if you want to share with someone, you still have to copy/paste the graphs to a presentation (ex. Google doc) and renew this everytime.
Have a nice evening