AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

How to have a calculated field TODAY in Data Studio ?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, 

I would like to know if we have a fonction in Data Studio that can allow us to create a calculated field with the date of the day in automatic ? 

For example, we have in Google spreadsheet the fonction " =today() "

I know how to create a field with the date of the day, but this is not in automatic. We need to change it every day. 

It could help to resolve many tickets in this forum fastly.

How to have a calculated field TODAY ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Patrick M

Please use =NOW() instead of =taday() in google spreadsheet. After that go to format tap, choose Number, than choose more formats and than click on ,more date and time formats. Finally select the  DAY-MONTH-YEAR format. It will definitely works for you and it will update automatically. No need to change every day.   

J4ALLJ4U

How to have a calculated field TODAY ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi jessi, thank you for your answer, but i don't want to create a field in my spreadsheet, but in my data source in Data Studio. 

In data studio, doesn't matter which kind of data source i have, i want to create a calculated field dynamic which can return me the date of the day ( as the fonction =today() or =now() that we have in google spreadsheet).

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

+1

Also important is having this in creating report filters, e.g. exclude dates > today().

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

To request for this feature, please add a star next to the issue title in https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/78200216

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1

Still surprised that Data Studio doesn't offer such basic functions